Monday, August 27, 2012

Meet Another Member of our Farming Team


Hello, my name is Yona Hudson and I am the yearlong apprentice at Henry Got Crops! I have been working at the farm, since the summer season started. Perhaps you have seen me, I'm normally helping out one of the other farmers doing something, or talking in the "Creamery" to a volunteer. I LOVE the farm, and have a HUGE passion for urban farming and sustainability. I was born and raised in Philadelphia, I'm normally wearing Crocs (depending on the weather) or my awesome sunglasses or even playing music in the field! I have been blessed with having a bunch of different food justice opportunities. For example, I participated in creating the first ever Youth Food Bill of Rights, I have been apart of the Weavers Way Bike tour, I worked at Marathon Farm last summer in Brewerytown, I was a part of the Farm Bill panel last year, etc. I plan on applying to an agriculture based college/university this fall, such as Penn State Berks or Warren Wilson College and major in Sustainable Agriculture or Food Systems. Also, my dream job would be to join Food Corp then after, travel to learn about different food systems and sustainable agriculture in different parts of the country and the world. I am and will always be at the farm, so if any of you have a question, I'd be happy to answer it. Also, if you have never met me and would like to, I will be supervising the Tuesday CSA pick-up from 2pm-4pm. Hope to see you there!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment