Monday, July 5, 2010

Meet Sarah!

Hello shareholders, I'm so excited to be living and farming in Philadelphia. After growing up in the suburbs of Dallas, Texas, I moved to Boston, Mass. to go to college and studied cultural anthropology. After a stint as a museum assistant, I decided to try out farming for a month on Long Island and I realized it was the only thing I wanted to do. I had my first apprenticeship last summer at a small CSA farm in northern Rhode Island and am here in Philly to learn more about farm education and working side-by-side with youth. In my free time, I like to ride my bike, explore the Wissahickon, daydream about pie, write letters and make comics. My spirit animals are the manatee, orca whale, Atlantic harbor seal and the turkey. Feel free to talk to me about mid-Atlantic plants and trees, astrology and garlic.

No comments:

Post a Comment