Monday, July 5, 2010

Meet Zemora!

Hi! My name is Zemora. I'm really excited to be interning at Henry Got Crops!
Right now, my favorite thing we've got growing is probably the hakurei turnips. I think they taste like ice cream. My interests include hiking, drawing, reading, going on adventures, and laughing at funny shaped vegetables, especially carrots that look like pants.

I go to Hampshire College in western Massachussetts where I study community food systems and resistance to capitalism. When I was little, I lived with the largest flock of angora goats east of the Mississippi. If this helps you know anything about me, I'm a pisces, my moon sign is scorpio and my ascendant is sagitarius.

I've dabbled in a few farms and gardens here and there, but this summer is my first experience really farming for a long stretch of time. So far, it's off to a great start. My main goals for the summer are: to learn by doing, to connect with and explore Philly's abundant urban agriculture scene, and to gain skills that will help me weather the apocalypse. I also hope to learn a lot of new recipes, get a rockin' farmer's tan, and perhaps even discover what my spirit plant is.
Looking forward to seeing you at the farm!

No comments:

Post a Comment